Linen Wash and Care Guide
In spite of the fact that Linen has the most refined and elegant demeanor, caring for it is not as half cumbersome as it can seem to be. A reliable, durable, and the most gentle fabric, in fact. If you are still a little unsure about the same, you can easily follow the following steps to keep the fabric’s beauty intact for the longest time.
Hand washing or machine washing the lovely linens both can work on your favorite textile. Of course, if you treat them with love, the linens will remain as beautiful as they are.
Machine Washing Linens
When washing the linens in the machine,
- Bifurcate the whites and colored linens.
- Go for lukewarm water and a mild detergent while washing.
- Do not bleach the linen beauties.
Hand Washing Linens
While washing our finest European Linens with hands, the mantra is pretty much the same,
- Separate the colors and scrub them gently in lukewarm water with a mild detergent.
- Avoid wringing or twisting, as it can be damaging to the fiber.
Drying the Linens
- You can machine dry your beauties at a lower temperature.
- You can air dry the magical fabric in ample space to prevent extra wrinkles.
Dealing with Stains
Witnessing stains on your favorite linen piece can be a bitter affair.
- Treat the stains immediately by soaking them in slightly warm water.
- Rub mild detergent or club soda on the stained area.
- Wash the precious fabric gently afterward.
Washing Bed and Home Linens
These general guidelines hold for all types of linen creations. However, your unique pieces deserve some extra care.
For bed linens,
- Take care of the zippers and buttons during the wash process, as they can break inside the machine.
- Avoid washing lighter items with heavier ones, like curtains and towels, as it can form lint on the lighter linens.
For home linens,
The more you wash linens, the softer they get.
- Soak the heavy items in lukewarm water for some time.
- Clean and hang the damped fabrics on the rod till they drip moisture.
Keeping up the sanctuary of your bed and home linens will be easier this way.
Natural creases of soft linens can easily tempt anyone. But if you must,
- Make sure to iron it while it is slightly damp.
- Try to keep them in character and do it sparingly.
Storing and Folding Linens
Caring for linen doesn’t just stop at washing and drying them.
- Store your delicate fabrics in a dry and breathable space.
- Never stuff linens into a closet without proper folding.
- Fold them across the line to prevent heavy creases.
The minimal efforts, wash, and care come as a happy surprise considering linen’s royal lineage. Shower the handcrafted linens with love at Live Linen.